Friday, April 1, 2011

Captured Data

While I'm figuring out what machine + environment I'm going to end up working with I decided to gather some preliminary data, as the first baby steps are going to be performed offline with canned data. I am almost definitely going to change this around but wanted to start with something to be able to tweak. I nailed a green whiteboard to a white wall and placed a red block with a black "X" on the back of my hand. Some aspects I've noticed right away about these videos that will require thought to deal with / alter are (a) standardizing the time of day I take the movies so the lighting will be constant(ish), (b) how far away my hand is from the whiteboard (depth), (c) whether my camera's field of view is wide enough (I'm currently using a 10 mega pixel Canon PowerShot... this may have to change).

No comments:

Post a Comment